Eurocell PLC are a dynamic manufacturer, distributor and recycler of building products, and we serve the nation via our network of over 200 retail branches across the UK. We know that our people are our greatest asset and we are delighted to be growing our team further as we have an urgent requirement for a Product Category Manager to join our expanding team in Alfreton.
This is an exciting time to join our successful and ever growing business. You will be required to manage the development and deployment of the defined core category strategy across the UK branch network, to drive sales and brand awareness and to provide an industry leading customer experience.
With good product knowledge across the building products categories (although we may consider candidates who have gained either Product / Category experience), you should have good communication and negotiation skills with high levels of numeracy and excellent PC skills. You must be used to working to deadlines with a strong attention to detail and be able to multitask and prioritise.
Working closely with our suppliers, you will ensure every aspect of range management, pricing, profitability, product performance and product quality is refined to take us to the next level. Yet it is also the chance to build on your skills to progress. You will also have that sixth sense that all great Category Managers have to spot good products and product development opportunities.
- Develop effective visual merchandising within the branch network with key suppliers
- Management of pricing strategy
- Management of category trading plans & promo campaigns
- Drive the category vision internally and with key stakeholders
- Drive category revenue via direct suppliers & affiliates
- Engage suppliers to deliver category driving initiatives
- Develop a clear product line vision and plan
- Work with suppliers to create joint category placement for brand and private label growth, develop Eurocell OL outside of existing categories of Silicones, Adhesives & Cleaners
- Be the category champion and drive the category agenda across the business
- Work collaboratively with external sales teams and customers to deliver growth, whilst aligning with the category strategy
- Prepare and deliver NPI and CPD product training programmes
- Provide category insight at senior management level to influence current and future direction
- Proactively manage strategic category partnerships
- Work with Planning team developing the S&OP process for traded goods
- Develop internal Commercial function, and mentor team members
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Success within a market leading, high volume, multi-product business
- Strong background in managing and co-ordinating the delivery of a portfolio of core product categories
- Analytical skills and strong commercial acumen
- First class effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- Experience of category strategy development, vendor management, procurement, inventory planning and budgeting
- Successful delivery of change at pace
- You will be rewarded with a very competitive basic salary
- A solid career pathway and structured progression
- Pension Plan
- Employee discount on Eurocell products
- Eurxtras – discounts across many well-known online and high street retailers (Technology, Fashion, Supermarkets, Entertainment, Days Out, Home and Travel)
- Shares – the option to join a share save scheme and share in the company success
- Life assurance
- Free parking
- A blend of training, including e-learning and on the job training to help your career development
- By joining Eurocell you will join a professional, corporate Plc which values integrity, is customer centric and operates as one team.
A stock market listed Plc and winner of the National Recycling Award for Manufacturer of the Year 2018. Eurocell is the UK's leading manufacturer, distributor & Recycler of uPVC windows, conservatories and ancillary products. With over 200 UK branches nationwide, we are successful, ambitious, expanding and looking for great team players to grow with us.